There are tons of great resources for learning more about the topics I cover in my blog. Here are some sites that I reference often or just recommend checking out.
- Instructables - Instructables offers TONS of free resources from authors all over the world. Some tutorial on instructables are better than others, so you'll have to do some digging to find the really good ones.
- Make - Make offers physical magazines and free online content as well. It's all focused on making, which covers a very wide range of topics from electronics, CNC, 3D printing, sewing, crafts and more.
- Khan Academy - Khan Academy has a lot of classes from math to history to economics, but I list it here because their coding classes are great. They have live coding widgets suitable for kids and adults to get started with programming.
- Codecademy - Another great resource for learning to code. Codecademy has classes about many languages, technologies and tools that programmers use every day to get real work done.
Electronics and Arduino
- SparkFun - SparkFun sells all kinds of electronics and Arduino related products. They also have a ton of tutorials and other documentation to get you going.
- Adafruit - Adafruit also sells all kinds of electronics and Arduino related products. They also have a ton of tutorials and other documentation to get you going.
User Contributed Resources
These resources were submitted by people like you! If you have any resources that you found useful while beginning your journey into coding, electronics or making in general, please let me know and I'll add them here. It's a new section right now, but I'd love to hear from you to help spread the word about great learning opportunities. Thank you to Janelle Torres of After School Care Programs for the idea!